First off, before people start getting defensive, I love this city. I have lived here for 5 years but just like any long term relationship, resentment will bubble up and sometimes you got to let it out. What can I say? Shanghai, you have your issues.
- Personal bubble? What is that?
- Taxi drivers actually turn own your business on the account that they might have to make a U-turn.
- People will step in front of the camera just as you got a good pose in front of an iconic area.
- Creepy guys come in a dozen (SIDE NOTE: So I was walking down a crowded road with a friend and I swear to god, she looks in her pocket to find some stranger's hand in there.)
- Everyone's phone call turns into a screaming match. They might be talking to their lover but their volume is ALWAYS on maximum.
- Walking down a street full of restaurants? You will come out smelling like oil.
- Don't come walking in your Louboutins because people will spit with amazing accuracy.
- It may be made in China but it's still more expensive here. Well, unless you want a fake replica.
- One minute sun, the other rainstorm. I guess its another summer full of fake tan.
- Lining up is a joke. It's everybody's game so run, motherf*cker, run!
All in all, Shanghai is still my home and despite your faults, I love you.